Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rejuvenation Vacations

So...as many of you know, I have been on vacation. I fully intended to blog while I was gone, however, the universe had other plans for me. Without a way to access my computer, I was forced to fully unplug and enjoy my vacation! haha

As I watched my fellow travelers, it brought to mind something I find very interesting. Summer is approaching and I am sure many of you have vacations planned in your near future, but how do you plan to spend that vacation? You see, so many of us spend our vacation running from snorkeling to fishing to golfing, gorging ourselves on too many all-you-can-eat buffets, drinking more mai tais than we thought was humanly possible, and then passing out in the pool lounge chair. What if we all used our vacation time to rejuvenate, recharge, and actually come back a few pounds lighter?

Here are a few tips for your next vacation:
1. Go to bed at a reasonable hour. Wake up early and take a walk, enjoy the sunrise, do yoga, meditate, etc.
2. Find a local farmer's market and take advantage of the fresh, local produce you may not be able to find in your area. Fruit is an easy snack to take to the beach and all you may need to find is a knife!
3. Do something active every day. Go for a hike and explore the local scenery, take a dip in the pool and tread water or swim laps, rent a bike, kayak, etc.
4.Unplug from your life at home (or, if you must, set aside a couple of hours throughout the week to get things done and leave it at that). Turn off the TV. Forget the newspaper. Relax, meditate, do some soul-searching, set goals, or read an inspirational book.
5.Make your own food, if you can. Just a fridge will do to store some fruit and veggies as well as some of your leftovers. Most hotels offer them now if you request one and some even have mini-kitchenettes.

Make your next vacation one of true rejuvenation!

In Love and Gratitude~
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment