Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm a Diva!!

*CAUTION* The following contains information about "women's issues". If you are a man who just can't handle this type of discussion, please do not read the following. I promise, my next post will not be nearly as scary!

So, if you're still reading this, here goes. I just recently tossed all my tampons. Yes...you heard me right. (No, I am not pregnant!) I am also not on any of those scary pills they call birth control (more on that later). I have become a Diva! "What?!" you say?

I just began using something called the Diva Cup. I will admit, I was quite apprehensive at first. I'm not really sure if it was the idea of having to learn something new, the fact that I was reusing it, or the fact that I had trouble finding one that made me feel so, but I bit the bullet this go 'round with stellar results.

I will warn that it took a few tries to get it right, but once I got it, I can't imagine going back to tampons. This brings to light another important (and rarely discussed) topic. Tampons are associated with Toxic Shock Sydrome (TSS), which really is not something to take lightly. Trust me, I've experienced syptoms...twice. Though the manufacturers suggest not to use the cup if you have had TSS, I have read the FAQ's on the website and called the hotline and it just sounds like the reasons are simply for "CYA" purposes.

For more information please visit their website at http://www.divacup.com/

Happy menstruating, ladies!

Love and Gratitude from this diva~
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment